This project provides utilities for various purposes. They are NOT project
specific and are all designed to be useful for everybody. Unlike older projects
such as the apache commons
NOT limited by legacy support down to JVMs lower than 5.0.
Therefore we can make intensive use of the advanced language features and offer
Here is a list of the available utility-projects:
- mmm-util-core contains valuable utilities for
general purpose (NLS, ISO-8601, generic value conversion, scanners, pattern compilers, reflection, etc.).
- mmm-util-io contains valuable utilities for
input/output as well as file and resource handling.
- mmm-util-cli provides excellent support for
creating Command Line Interfaces (CLI).
- mmm-util-gwt provides GWT compatibility for
mmm-util-core, SLF4J and more.
The following utilities are experimental or work in progress:
- mmm-util-datatype contains standard datatypes
for various common purposes (PhoneNumber, PostalCode,
Password, Color, Gender, Iso2CountryCode, etc.)
including corresponding hibernate UserTypes.
- mmm-util-metakeys contains various constants
for metadata properties from different standards.
- mmm-util-contenttype aims to provide a detailed tree
of various filetypes together with an implementation for the stream-detection-framework
in order to detect metadata on the fly while streaming.
- mmm-util-http is an HTTP utility NOT wired up
with the protocol (to be used for HTTPMU in UPnP).